Master’s degree in Medicine and Surgery
The Harvey Medicine and Surgery Course is the first six-year single-cycle Master’s Degree in Medicine in Italy taught in English. The Harvey medical course offers a unique chance for students to take part in a thorough medical training offered by the University of Pavia, truly a city campus ideal especially for students. Both clinical and theoretical training are a precious chance to share ideas and learn mutually from one another thanks to the one-on-one personal approach that small study groups offer. Harvey medicine students also have the great opportunity to work as trainees in one of the most renown hospitals of Northern Italy, namely the San Matteo, the Maugeri or Mondino clinics, alongside both Italian and international doctors and professors.
The Harvey Course provides a basic and general knowledge to practice medicine after sitting the national state exam. The degree course offers all the requested tools to gather the clinical history of the patient, make a first diagnosis and administer a treatment, according to the specialisation required in the interested field of medicine either via training courses or specialisation schools.
|Tuition Fee||For Eu students fees are based on students’ family income. They range from about €156 to €4,500 per year.
For Non-EU students a flat rate is determined according to country of origin and range from €400 to €4,500.
The following is a sample of a typical study plan.
- First year: Living Molecules (LIM), Scientific Foundations of Medicine (SFM), Structure of the Body, Social Roots of Health (SRH), The Disabled Person, Ultrasound Laboratory
- Second year: Functions of the Body, Ethics and Society, Biology of Disease, Laboratory Medicine
- Third year: Clinical Foundations, Systemic Pathology, Drug Discovery and Actions, Evolution and Medicine, Disease Control and Eradication, Clinical Foundations Practicals, Diseases of the Blood and Endocrine System, Personalised Medicine
- Fourth year: Neurological and Psychiatric Diseases, Heart and Lungs, Sensory System Diseases, Soft Tissue Diseases, Gi and Urinary Tracts, Clinical Cases
- Fifth year: Infectious Diseases, Neurosciences, Psychiatry, Sense System Diseases, Traineeship 5, Clinical Medicine 1, Paediatrics, Pathological Anatomy, Pharmacology 2, Traineeship 6
- Sixth year: Clinical Medicine 2, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Surgery and Emergency Medicine, Traineeship 7, Public Medicine.
- Thesis Degree.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent foreign title (minimum 12 schooling years)
- IMAT test (International Medical Admissions Test)
What our students say
“When I decided to follow my dreams, I had the dilemma of choosing the right medical school for me. My dreams came true with UniPV. It is an internationally known, high-rated university with courses taught in English. Another plus is that Pavia is ‘student-sized’ with everything I need close by. Without a doubt, it was the right choice for me.”
Omri – Tel Aviv, Israel, graduate in Medicine & Surgery – Harvey Course