Master’s degree in Psychology, Neuroscience and Human Sciences
The Master degree program in Psychology, Neuroscience and Human Sciences is two-year Master’s degree program organised by the Department of Brain and Behavioural Sciences of the University of Pavia and by the Department of Humanities and Life Sciences of the University School for Advanced Studies (IUSS) Pavia.
This Master Degree program is a course of excellence providing high-level training and teaching, specifically focused on the interaction between psychology, neuroscience and human and social sciences that are connected to the investigation of the human brain and behavior.
The Master offers the following career opportunities:
- theoretical and applied research in the field of cognitive psychology and neuroscience; career in hospital and assistance area; career in prevention and care of psychological disorders area; career in prevention and care of cognitive disorders area; forensic psychology, psychology of music, neuro-computational models.
|Tuition Fee||For EU students, fees are based on family income. They range from €156 to €3,500 per year.
For non –EU students a flat rate is determined according to their country of origin and ranges from €400 to €3,500.
Here is a sample of courses:
- First year: Cognitive Neuroscience, Cognitive Development, Experimental Psychology, Neurolinguistics, Forensic Neuroscience, Clinical Neuropsychology, Music & Cognition, Neuroeconomics, Practice courses and labs.
- Second year: Applied Clinical Neuroscience, Social Cognition, Neuroscience of Music, Philosophy of Mind, Neuroethics, Psychology of Learning Disabilities, Neurophysiology, Neural Modeling and Computation, Cognition and Emotion
- 3-year Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Psychology, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science or similar background.
- B2 level English proficiency
- Admission selection (limited-enrollment course)
What our students say
“What you expect when you plan a visit to an Italian town is to see ancient buildings, to experience grand medieval architecture, and to enjoy being part of a unique and lively environment. Pavia is this kind of town. The old University, its perfect location, the good public services around town, and the availability of study facilities offer the necessary conditions to facilitate the learning process. Thanks to the work of the many students’ organizations, entertainment is guaranteed: you will never be bored here!”
Ruslan Minich, Ukraine, graduate in World Politics and International Relations