Post-Bachelor Program in Design and Development of Vehicle Dynamics
This one year full-time academic programme aims to train highly qualified professionals in vehicle dynamics, through a variety of teaching activities. The course includes both theoretical and practical teaching, as well as workshops, tours, and a 4-month internship in industry.
Thanks to the partnerships with VI-Grade, ASC (Automotive Safety Centre), Danisi Engineering, Megaride, Alfa Romeo Maserati, MSC Software, Siemens, Pirelli and Brembo, among others, students have a wealth of opportunities to develop their knowledge and skill in designing vehicle dynamics.
Students will benefit from:
- Full-time use of a compact static simulator to develop vehicles in a virtual environment
- Test sessions on the ASC track and proving ground
- An Advanced Driving Course
- Workshop on the VI-Grade Driver in Motion dynamic simulator
- A variety of Advanced Short Courses taught by professionals
- Vehicle testing with both Computer Aided Engineering, and experimentally on real vehicles
- Guided tours of plants and facilities
The study plan is made up as follows:
- Teaching Modules: Total Vehicle Design; Fundamental Driving Dynamics; Virtual Dynamics Design and Simulation; Material and Structural Design; Propulsion: IC and Hybrid; Vehicle Dynamics Control; Total Vehicle Testing and Development; Biomechanics: driver/vehicle interaction (34 ECTS)
- 4-month Internship: with car manufacturers or automotive engineering companies (for example, in the previous editions with VI-Grade, Danisi Engineering, Pirelli, Blue Engineering, CSI, Seat, ZF TRW, Continental) (24 ECTS)
- Final Exam (2 ECTS)
Tuition fee is 15,000 EUR (divided in two installments).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of English
- An automotive or mechanical background with work experience is appreciated
What our students say
“What you expect when you plan a visit to an Italian town is to see ancient buildings, to experience grand medieval architecture, and to enjoy being part of a unique and lively environment. Pavia is this kind of town. The old University, its perfect location, the good public services around town, and the availability of study facilities offer the necessary conditions to facilitate the learning process. Thanks to the work of the many students’ organizations, entertainment is guaranteed: you will never be bored here!”
Ruslan Minich, Ukraine, graduate in World Politics and International Relations